Thursday, October 24, 2013

Peach!

One of my favorite colors is peach. I love sewing with it. Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of need for peach in my house, being the sole source of estrogen, but that doesn't stop me from sewing perfectly peachy quilts for other people.

Here's a quilt I just finished in peach and coral tones. I used this tutorial from Don't Call Me Betsy. It went together quickly and with some easy wavy line quilting the finished product looks pretty darn cute.

If you're looking for a basic, beginner quilting pattern I recommend this one in the baby/crib size. I'll be mailing this quilt to a baby girl who was born last Tuesday!

And here is a top I put together in the past couple of days. The prints are from Cloud9. They make beautiful organic fabrics and sell scrap packs on their site. I only used a third of the fabrics from my Maman/Nursery Basics scrap pack for this quilt, plus the Kona cotton in white.


 This one will be available in my shop when it's done.

No comments: