Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Heather Ross Far Far Away Baby Quilt

This is one of those projects I have been working on forever. Seriously, I started it over a year ago! I was waiting to build up my stash of Heather Ross' Far Far Away prints so that I had some from each collection. I've finally finished it and it's sitting pretty in my shop (check it out).


My new love is doing patchwork bindings. I just adore the way it pops against a solid color background, especially in a quilt like this where there are so many little vignettes. I made the prints and turquoise frames out of kilter just to make it a little bit more modern.



There is more of these fabrics in my closet and the new collection, Briar Rose, waiting just in case we have another baby and she happens to be a girl. I can dream, can't I?


Meanwhile, hopefully this one will find a good home!


No comments: