Friday, July 13, 2012

A summer update

Very slowly, I'm starting to sew again. Hopefully I'll be able to post a new quilt soon! I'm using Cloud9's Seven Seas collection (you should check it out- it's totally adorable!).

Things are getting to the new normal around here. Jonathan is a hefty baby who eats and sleeps like a champ. Adam is a very affectionate and protective older brother. I had a chance to take some nice portraits of them today; the light coming through the windows (and their dispositions) was perfect! When those two things align God is telling you to go get your camera.


This mischievous dude is 2.5 now. Today I gave him a mohawk and I'm looking at preschools for the fall. PRESCHOOLS, y'all! Holy moly. I'm nervous about unleashing him on the world without my supervision, only because he can be an absolute terror at times. But it will be really good for him (and for me) to gain some independence and learn to interact in the world without me.

Height: 38"
Weight: 32.5 lbs
Favorite book: Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
Favorite movie: old Mickey Mouse cartoons
Favorite foods: Raisins, challah bread, Chic-fil-A, Granny Smith apples, Fig Newtons, broccoli, steak and mozzarella cheese


And this adorable creature... goodness, where do I start? Adam was a great baby. How on earth did I get TWO? I was totally expecting to get what was coming to me with Jonathan, but he is just the sweetest, most contented little man. He is full of smiles that use every muscle in his face and loves to do planks. Yes, my two month old likes to work out and he's better at it than I am.

Hair: Reddish, blondish, brown?
Eyes: steely blue (for now)
Length: 26"
Weight: 16 lbs
Favorite object of fixation: the lamp in the corner of the living room
Favorite food: boob juice
Favorite song: "Rocket Man" by Elton John

2 comments:

carla said...

umm, holy crap!!! <affectionately directed at both of our children...

at 2 months old, jonathan trails oliva in length by only 4", and in weight by only 2lbs. did i mention shes almost 16 months old? yeah. its goliath versus thumbelina.

Lizbeth Brown said...

From what I understand, Olivia is ahead of both Adam and Jonathan combined in the speech department!