Monday, March 12, 2012

Projectos Pequenos. Yeah, I still got it.

Here are a few little things I've been working on recently:

 A modge podge'd bucket using Aneela Hoey's "Puppy Dog Tails" fabric. I saw these buckets on etsy and loved them, but excuse me, $28? I made it for under $10. We needed a place for random figures, cars, and blocks in the living room. It also doubles as a pretty cool helmet for when we play guns. "Pew pew!"

 Adam's new Easter basket. I followed this tutorial from Pink Penguin, adding more squares to make it a little taller and wider. I'm so glad I finally cut into my Heather Ross stash; it looks so cute! Adam likes to put his toys in it and carry it around the house, following me to whichever room I go.

A nice, new set of quilted place mats and napkins for the Spring. The fabric is Cloud 9's "hydrangea" print from their Cut Out & Keep collection. The napkins are lined and the place mats are backed with Kona cotton in buttercup. I free hand quilted (gasp!) around some of the circles and topstitched around the edges. The hydrangea fabric is organic and really soft. The napkins are hefty and large. I know they're just rectangles, but I was really proud to finish this project!

And a new wreath for the front door. White yarn wrapped around a foam wreath form, then I pinned wide, red satin ribbon, and strung tiny blue bunting across. Cute and easy peasy! When Baby B comes, I think I'll make a smaller, matching life preserver and hang it from the bottom of this one with his photo and birth stats in the middle. Can't believe that's happening next month!

Do you have any spring projects going on or that you've finished?

No comments: