Thursday, March 8, 2012

It is finished!

Finally, I have finished Baby B's crib bedding! I used Patty Sloniger's Backyard Baby collection and Kona cotton in coal. It looks so cool and boyish; I totally love it.

The quilt top. I actually quilted this one myself! Meaning: it's not perfect, but it's 100% my creation.

 Quilt backside. I had a bunch of squares left over from the front so I just pieced them together for a simple patchwork look. I love how you can see the quilting on the back.

And here it is all together. I really only made the bumper and quilt. The sheet was a crib sheet from Ikea that happened to be the exactly matching green color!

In late May, Cloud 9 is coming out with an adorable nautical kid's fabric line called Seven Seas. I may have to buy a bunch and make some blankets for both boys. Definitely at least enough to make matching shorts and diaper covers for the summer.

It feels so good to have this completed, especially since Baby B is supposedly coming almost a month early. Now, a quilt for our bed? I've been loving this quilt design; what do you think?

2 comments:

erin said...

I LOVE his quilt! You did an amazing job (of course)! I really like those curtains too. Where did you get them?

Lizbeth Brown said...

Thanks Erin!

They are Ikea curtains. "Stockholm Blad" in green. I've wanted them for a long time. They block a pretty good amount of light, which is nice for naps.