Sunday, November 27, 2011

Finally, a baby quilt I get to keep!

As you may know, we recently found out that the baby is a boy! At first, I was disappointed. Not because he's a boy, but because what I was hoping for didn't happen.  It wasn't him, it was me. I guess it's hard to explain unless you've experienced it.

The next day we had Thanksgiving at Tom's aunt's house and seeing Adam running around in a pack of his second cousins (all boys but one) helped. I could glimpse how much fun Adam is going to have with a brother. On Friday I bought semi-matching Zutano outfits for them and last night I got down to the neety greety and picked out fabrics for lil' bro's quilt.
The dragon print and the blue squiggles don't come out until February (they're from Cloud 9's "Happy Drawing" collection) but with the move and all I probably won't be sewing anytime before then. The castles and scallops are a couple older prints from Lizzie House's Castle Peeps and I threw in a crosshatch in "Sun" and a solid in "Sky" just to keep some size and texture balance. I'm not sure what pattern I'll be using; I've been thinking about doing diamonds with white or red sashing. Maybe that would look kind of harlequin/court jester and fit with the dragons and castles?

No comments: