Sunday, September 25, 2011


As you can see we have been busy. Flying across the country. Building sand castles. Buying a new car. Fighting fevers and morning sickness. Growing a human. What? You didn't know? Well, we have baby number two on the way! And boy, is it a whole different bushel of apples this time.

With Adam I was tired, but I felt great. With this little booger I am wiped out and have all. day. long. morning sickness. It's awesome. I am counting down the weeks until the second trimester when it will supposedly end. In the meantime, remedy suggestions will be gladly accepted!

And I am sorry I haven't posted in like, a month. But I got Cloud 9's Across the Pond line right before we left for Florida and Aneela Hoey's Little Apples while I was here! So two super cute quilts are comin' up. Also I'm gonna bust out a maternity dress pattern I bought a while ago. And obviously this blog is about to get a lot more pregnant and I will probably be posting less frequently, at least until I can stay awake for more than eight hours of every day again.

I'm serious about those morning sickness remedies- tell me whatchu got!

4 comments:

An Army Family said...

If it's first thing in the morning, I kept Cheerios (crackers will work too) by the bed. Having a few nibbles before I got up and out of bed and started moving (and thusly sloshing stomach & baby around) helped keep things settled a bit.

Carol said...

Crunchy fruit was a life-saver for me. As long as they didn't have a strong smell (like bananas), I did okay. Pears and apples helped to keep my stomach full (which helped with the nausea) and the crunch distracted my thoughts from the nausea. Let's hope you feel better in a few weeks! You'll feel like a brand new person!

Tori @ The Shiksa in the Kitchen said...

Mazel tov Lizbeth! Hang in there, it should pass in a few weeks. Haven't been there myself, but a few close friends really suffered with it, and the only real remedy was time. I do find Perrier or ginger ale and toast helps me when I'm feeling nauseous. :)

Lizbeth Brown said...

Thanks Tori! I have noticed it's been getting a little better recently. Hopefully I'm at the tail end of it.