Monday, August 15, 2011

YOU. ARE. A. TOY!

Adam's Buzz Lightyear quilt was finished this morning. I sewed the binding while he watched- wait for it- Toy Story 3. Apparently Tom Hanks made a comment that Pixar is working on a fourth Toy Story and I'm not sure if he was being sarcastic or not, but I'm surprised so many people are against it. As a mom who has to watch at a TS movie at least once daily, I would certainly appreciate another alternative to the current three. Plus, they're all great movies. So I don't know what people's problems are with another one hypothetically being made, but I digress.


This is the best photo I could get of the finished front. Currently it is in the dyer rumbling around with my Aunt's quilt. When we take the side off his crib and convert it to a toddler bed it will be just the right size for a "big boy" quilt. I'm so glad I decided to have this one quilted with the space ships, flying saucers, and astronauts. It really pops on the Kona cotton Peridot and Charcoal borders.


The Adam fabric made it into the back. I only have a few pieces left but I'm proud I finally used it for something! The binding fabric I found at the quilt shop down the street and it happens to match the blues in the Buzz fabric perfectly. I saw this one quilt where the lady used Ann Kelle's remix stripe and cut it at a 45 degree angle to produce diagonal stripe binding. It was so cool and I would never have thought to do that so I tried it out here. It's definitely something I'll keep in mind for future projects.

2 comments:

A. R. Campbell said...

As long as Toy Story 4 doesn't involve the toys becoming catalog models and Andy stealing a Ford Mustang and driving it off a cliff, I think I'll be okay with whatever they do.

Lizbeth Brown said...

I thought this was pretty funny, although most of them wouldn't be very good for kids: http://www.totalfilm.com/features/toy-story-4-18-possible-plots