1. A fire truck quilt for our friends who are expecting a baby boy soon. It needs the black and white borders, red binding, and a back.
2. I just got this fabric today and it's the boy quilt for Erin's handmade gift baskets to raise money for their adoption. The photo is of Sarah Jane's Children at Play "Chasing Airplanes" which is one of the five fabrics for this quilt. It's going to be so woodsy/boyish cute!
3. Adam's Buzz Lightyear quilt. Really, this came about as a result of some failed pajama pants and a bunch of Buzz scraps. I had never tried a stacked coin quilt before so I slapped one together during one of his naps. It just needs a back and to be quilted.
4. The girl's quilt for Erin needs a back (fabric is on my table) completed and to be quilted. I love this one. I wrote down the fabrics so I could remake it if there is a little girl anywhere in our future. It's very feminine, but not all pinks and purples. I like that.
5. Those IKEA placemats I started a few weeks ago. I have one done and one quilted but without binding. I started it during a lull so I'm not in any rush.
6. The quilt for my Aunt. All the squares are now sewn together and I need to add borders and then piece the back. Then it's off to the quilter's. No way am I tackling that behemoth on my little Janome.
Also in progress is the We Can Do It! Skill Builder Sampler that I'm really loving. I can see how my piecing has become much more accurate and neat. It's very satisfying. I had some trouble finding good, not too busy/dizzying fabrics for last Friday's bow tie block, but now I'm starting a whole quilt of bow ties (using Cloud 9's Beyond the Sea collection)! I must be insane.
My back was feeling much better early in the weekend and then we were rear ended on Sunday (on the way home from dropping Tom at the airport. Why does something break or go wrong as soon as your husband leaves?) and it has flared up again. So I cushioned my sewing chair with a few feather pillows and it has been feeling better today.
What are you working on?
Update: Last night I stayed up on Skype with Tom and knocked out the fire truck quilt and the Swoon block quilt for Erin! And then I started cutting fresh squares for a new quilt. : /
Update on the update: My Aunt's quilt top and bottom are DONE and ready to go to the quilters! I feel like such a beast, turning out that queen sized hog on my little Janome. Also I put together a back for Adam's quilt tonight and I'm trying to decide if I should quilt it myself or have it long-armed.