Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday- 2

I haven't been doing much sewing this week. Tom came home this weekend so it's been lots of family time and relaxing before he goes back on the ship. Let's take a look-see:

Click on this photo for a better look. Also, check up on my flickr stream for more pics of these projects and lots of other stuff.

One is a new quilt I started using Cloud 9's Beyond the Sea collection and chocolate Kona. I'm hoping to finish it by the weekend. Unfortunately I ran out of the chocolate and suddenly my fabric shops nearby are all suddenly out of it. I found some chocolate sateen quilting solid and you can't really tell a difference between the two but I'm not sure I shouldn't wait to find some of the same fabric. What do you think?

Two is a finished crib quilt! It's the first one I've had professionally quilted. In fact, I made it just for the purpose of seeing if I liked a professional long arm quilt. I do. Now I have an extra crib-sized quilt and nothing to do with it! Somebody has to have a baby sooner or later.

Three is the finished Swoon block girl's quilt that is going to Erin to help raise money for their adoption (you're probably sick of me talking about it by now, well, get used to it!). Four is the boy's quilt. My goal is to have the front and back pieced by Friday, and to quilt it over the weekend. As I've been saying, keep checking out her blog Tiny Twist Creative for details about how you could get them!

Tom came home today and I had pieced the squares together and laid it out on the floor. He asked who it was for and if I could make another one for one of his friends who's having a baby boy. He's pretty picky about handmade stuff so I was flattered (although he always flatters me).


Five is Adam's Buzz Lightyear quilt which was dropped off at the quilter's. It's being quilted with space ships and rockets; I'm pretty excited to see it finished because I know, since it has Buzz on it, Adam will probably actually use this one. Six was also dropped off at the quilter's for some flame detailing in variegated thread. It's gonna be hott with two t's! And seven is there with six and five, having some big, beautiful roses quilted onto it! I'm probably the most excited to see that one since it has a lot of sentimental value. I know my aunt is going to love it and she and my mom are probably going to cry a little. But, that's how you know you did a good job. :)

The Ikea placemats have been put on hold until I finished up these two quilts I started. The Skill Builder Sampler is still going on, although no new blocks last Friday (imagine one solitary tear drifting down my cheek). When all the blocks are done I'm going to try Elizabeth Hartman's Billboard Quilt for the back. That way I have two "tops" and can flip it over to show whichever one I want.

Check out what other peeps be workin on:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

Toni said...

I love your girl version of the Swoon quilt! Particularly how it is feminine without being pink. All your projects look great!

Candace said...

Your quilt featuring the Cloud Nine Fabric is breathtaking. I love how the use of the Kona Chocolate.

Jerimi said...

I'm glad you're getting in some family time. Sometimes it's just the thing for being able to come back to crafting with a refreshed mind. I really like the colors you chose for #6. I'll bet the flame detailing is going to be perfect!

Kelly said...

Wow! I love your Cloud 9 quilt! I can't wait to see it finished. I can't wait to see the Buzz Lightening one either. New follower from WIP Wednesday!

Scrap,Quilt, Preach said...

really like your first quilt top, the colors are my fav's.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Congrats on getting so many tops to the quilters this week!

KristyLou said...

Wow, you have been busy. I look forward to seeing some of the finishes!

erin said...

Whew, what a lot of quilts. I love the girl quilt you made Liz... LOVE it!

Leanne said...

I love your projects, you have a lot on the go - it looks like a lot of fun!