Thursday, May 19, 2011

Feedback Needed!


These are the fabrics I'm, officially, ready to put into a quilt for US. Now that I've been making a few for other people, I want one for my bed. Turns out choosing my own fabric is a lot harder than doing it for someone else. SO here's what I have, and I'm pretty happy with it. I feel like it's very "Lizzie". Don't worry, Tom's say in this quilt comes into play in the pattern. I'm going to attempt to make the center circle look like the Imperial symbol. Attempt.

From the top left:
Acorn Chain in Pond from Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry
Sway in Brown from Pop Garden by Heather Bailey
Kona Snow
Flutter Bunch in Sunflower from Pick a Bunch by Nancy Mims
Dogwood Bloom in Harvest from Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry
Honey Meadow in Cocoa from Honeybee by Michael Miller
Flower Fields in Timber from Pick a Bunch by Nancy Mims
Kona organic Hazelnut
and Queen Anne's Lace in Olive from Pick a Bunch by Nancy Mims

What do you think? I need your opinion. My "One" fabric was the Flower Fields. Then I fell in love with the Queen Anne's Lace. I added the hazelnut and snow for sashing, borders, but mostly to provide depth to the color range (I forget the word for that, intensity?). There are a few small, clustered prints, but there are a couple larger prints as well.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

Krysta said...

I love the colors! Where are you getting the fabric?

Lizzie Brown said...

Thanks Krysta!! From etsy and Hawthorne Threads. And I'll probably buy the solid colors at JoAnns with a coupon or Rosie's on El Cajon.

producedlocally said...

Soooo... where do I get in line for mine? I love all those choices... especially the top middle - it's the same fabric as one of Noah's dry bags for his diapers.

erin said...

I really LOVE the fabrics Liz, I might steal these from you to make one for Chris and I after I finish ones for the kiddos. You are the quilting queen.

JuneBug said...

Flower Fields! I just got some of that! In that same color!

And I heart Pick a Bunch. You did a great job combining different lines.