Friday, March 18, 2011

This Moment & Slides

March 15, 2010

March 17, 2011

Every once in a while after I've uploaded a new batch of photos from my camera I'll go back in my iPhoto library and try to find one from the same date the year before. Here's as close as I could get for today's "This Moment". He's become such a big boy, and yet still a baby. *sigh*

We went to a great park in Poway with Adam's buddies Noah and Cami (and my buddy, their mommy, Erin, from Tiny Twist Creative) whom he loves. We will miss them when they move back East. Adam has gotten into slides in a big way; he thinks they're hilarious and awesome and climbs anything in his way to get to one. Favorites? Tube and swirly slides.

At my elementary/middle school (small town, they are combined) they had this wicked long slide that went from the playground area down a hill into the athletic field. It's one of those things where the hill probably wouldn't seem that big to me now, but then, oh man, that slide was huge. It was the best. There was always a line to ride it in the fall, spring, and summer (it was indistinguishable underneath the winter snow), but the wait was always worth it. The only thing more fun than riding it was "sending" things down (rocks, mulch, toys, hats, shoes, etcetera) to your friend waiting at the bottom.

I'm loving that Adam is getting to this playground stage. I think this is such a fun and funny age. He has the most hilarious sense of humor and is such a cheeky little clown. I wish I could claim that but I'm pretty sure Tom and I were BOTH that way as kids. So it was pretty inevitable.

We're going to visit T's family in New Hampshire in April. I just had the idea of taking Adam to my school's playground and sending him down that big ol' slide. I wonder if it's still there. I bet he'd love it.

No comments: