Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Hey y'all. I'm not really sure how I missed it the first time around, but my friend Beth is giving away an awesome CD over at Produced Locally. I've never heard of Arthur Alligood, but man, he knows what he's doing. Great lyrics, simple, but powerful melodies; it's the kind of music I could play to help Adam wind down for a nap (or for me to wind down after he goes to bed, perhaps with some Firefly and lemonade on ice), or listen to in the car while we're out and about. It's effortless music but it goes deep.

It reminds me of summers in New Hampshire, and nights surrounded by the woods and it's music at camp. It reminds me of driving through the Blue Ridge Mountains and sitting on the beach at the Outer Banks. It reminds me of deployment, and the deepest hurt I've ever felt with Tom being so far away. And it reminds me of him coming home, and how my heart always breathes a sigh of exhausted relief.

Even if I don't win it I can guarantee I'll be buying it. I'm always on the lookout for great new music. Check out Arthur Alligood's website to listen to the tracks and then head over to Produced Locally to enter her giveaway.

PS- Carla from Don't Drink the Blue Juice is the winner of the woodland fabric bundle!

1 comment:

producedlocally said...

It's so very good for the soul.
'Preciate it!