Sunday, November 7, 2010

This one's for all the Crestridge girls.

I remember sitting around an open flame at camp wishing how I could bottle up the warm smokiness and  wear it whenever I missed those special summer nights. I think I'm going to have to stuff my own stocking this year (which, honestly, I do every year) because somebody read my mind:

(Photo from Long Winter Farm)

Yes. That is campfire-scented perfume. I haven't tried it, but it sounds ahhhmazing. I bought some of her maple almond lip balm, oatmeal peppermilk soap, and the apples & oak body cream and they are really quite something. The lip balm isn't slimy and doesn't melt easily. It feels light on your lips and it has a very warm and yummy aroma. The soap is a nice, hefty bar with a rich, thick lather that's creamy like oatmeal and with just enough peppermint. I love them. The lotion isn't goopy or greasy and melts into my skin smelling like an New Hampshire apple orchard.

Her prices are really reasonable for handmade bath & beauty items. The perfume is only $8 for the whole .3 oz. glass bottle. Look no further for a special stocking stuffer or mail-sized gift to send to a dear camp friend from summers gone. Or perhaps just a special girl friend who likes unique and eco-friendly things. You can buy them individually or as a nice little set for a discount, like I did. (She also makes custom scents!) Go handmade for the holidays!

I'll leave you with some of her other yummy scents:

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Mojito
Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Blueberry Crumble
Lavender Honey
Joe
Strawberry Jam
French Lilac
Orange Blossom
Tomato Leaf
Timber
Honeysuckle Nectarine

Hungry, yet?

No comments: