Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A look back at October

I was going to go back to my October Goals list and share with you guys what I accomplished this month, but the results were rather scant, so let's just skip that, shall we? It's nice to keep a list of things you want to do, but so many unknown variables can come in and steal your time  Most of the items I didn't do were shop-related, like finding another boy's option. The lederhosen idea quickly fell by the wayside, pretty much as soon as Oktoberfest in our town proved to be a bust. I was disillusioned.

Fortunately, I did manage to do a major part of my Christmas shopping in October and, more importantly, we had some really great times as a family. About halfway through the month I was struck

The good news: I have a feeling Santa is going to be bringing me a fancy new sewing machine for Christmas this year (since I've been so good); one that does buttonholes. So I can start making button up shirts for little guys! I'm thinking about a mechanic's style shirt, with a "Mack", "Bud", or "Guy" name tag on it. A little vintage, a little tongue-in-cheek. What do you think?

Don't forget to enter once a day for the Babushka giveaway!

6 comments:

An Army Family said...

LOVE IT.

Lizzie Brown said...

Love... the shirt idea?

An Army Family said...

Yes! I love button up shirts for little boys (and big boys too, ask James). :)

Lizzie Brown said...

I'm excited; I've already got some fabric!

erin said...

Yay, Noah definitely needs some button ups. I'm running low on clothing for this little guy. I can't figure out which type of weather to buy for him. :-)

Elizabeth Glass-Turner said...

Love the idea. I think I have a strange alternate-universe blog to yours, except yours is cuter and better organized and more spiffy, and mine is a little "Liz Lemon" these days...

;)