Monday, October 25, 2010

A Trip to the Zoo and a Tricky New Site

Last week, Tom had the great idea of going to the zoo since he didn't have to go into work until later in the afternoon. So bright and early we packed ourselves into the car and off we went! I really love the San Diego zoo, and having a membership is so handy. We can go for an hour or so and leave whenever we want, not feeling like we should stay a certain amount of time to get our "money's worth". Adam gets in free, and so does Tom with his ID; my ticket has already paid for itself many times over. Here are some pictures from the day:

 (I know; I'm immature.)

 Visiting the pandas. They were still sleeping.

 Adam loves the polar bears.

And I love the Skyfari (even though it messes up my hair). One less time pushing a stroller up a big Balboa Park hill? Yes, please.

While I was facebook stalking one of my friends from college, I saw that she recommended this site and I thought I'd share it with you guys. It's http://tiltshiftmaker.com/ and it transforms your landscape photography to look like a miniature model. Lemme esplain with pictures.

 Here's a photo Tom took while he was in Scotland/Norway (I'm not really sure which).


And here's the same photo after being tweaked with Tilt Shift Maker:


Look- it's little mini Scotland/Norway! You know, it's pretty sad that I can't tell the difference between those two countries in a photo; you would think they'd be pretty distinct from each other. I'm going with Scotland on this picture.

It works best on photos where there are multiple things to look at (I'm not a photographer, I don't know all the terms I'm sure there are for this stuff), instead of one focal point.

I'm thinking about carving pumpkins this week. Any good suggestions?

3 comments:

Deana K said...

Heyyyyy was that ME that recommended tiltshiftmaker?? I told Joy about it recently! It's so FUN!

Lizzie Brown said...

Yeah. You got me! I didn't know if you wanted me to put your name in my blog. I had to go back, like, two years in iPhoto to find a landscape picture. Apparently I'm only interested in photos of people.

Deana K said...

Yeah, you can throw my name all around the internet! haha

I really don't have any landscape photos either. In fact, to play around with this website, I didn't even bother searching for any in my photos... I just stole some off the internet! :^O