Saturday, September 4, 2010

My name is Liz. I like to dance!

Tonight at our bible study/church group I volunteered to bring dessert. In memorium of Tom's adulterous relationship with peanut butter I decided to bake some Reese's brownie cupcakes. Yes. Such a thing exists. Even if you're not sharing them with fellow believers of your spiritual affiliation, I can pretty much guarantee you will see God when you eat these suckers.

I seriously wish I could take credit for this recipe but alas and alack, I cannot. You can find the brownie recipe on the Duncan Hines website. The frosting, however, is my own concoction. Do not fret, fair maidens, I will share it with you.

Can you help me? Can we dance? Well, let's do it! Ah- break it down!

(Don't bother telling me the frosting looks like a poo pile. I'm a designer, not a baker.)

Cupcakes:
1 box Duncan Hines brownie mix (though I suspect you could use any brownie mix, I chose to stick with the recommended brand just this one time since it has special "cake-like" instructions. You'll see.)
12 Mini Reese's Cups
3 large eggs (salmonella free)
1/4 C water
1/2 C veggie or canola oil

Preheat the oven to 350 and pop some liners in your cupcake tin. It'd also be helpful to unwrap the Reese's cups and set them aside.

Prepare the brownie mix like it says on the box for "cake-like" brownies (basically mix everything together). Fill up each cup 2/3 full. I used one of those ice cream scoops with the little scrapey bar and it was just the right amount of batter. Push the peanut butter cups down into the batter most of the way.

Bake for 23-25 minutes. Personally, when it comes to brownies I don't use the toothpick rule. I believe that brownies should be gooey on the inside.

Let them cool for five minutes and then completely on a wire rack before you frost them wiiith...

Chocolate Frosting:
6 T butter
2 2/3 C confectioner's sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1/3 C milk
1/2 C cocoa powder

Stir butter in a bowl until it's smooth and creamy. Blend the sugar and cocoa in a separate bowl and mix it into the butter alternately with the milk. Then add in the vanilla.

Apply liberally.

I know that's right.

3 comments:

Kimi said...

and we missed it?! bummer.

An Army Family said...

Whoa. I'm having a Pampered Chef party in a few weeks, I might need to make these.

Jayne said...

Haha, hilarious! It's true. You can see God in good food. YUM! Dorian has adulterous relationships with ice crema and chocolate. I always say I'm #3 on his lovers list.