Saturday, August 7, 2010

To Etsy, or not to Etsy?

I'm thinking about opening an Etsy store selling my kid's playwear. And I may have just invented that word.

Anyway, I'm looking for some feedback. You guys have seen my handiwork. You know me. You know my life.

Maybe not all of it.

Would you buy my skirts and capes for your buddies and babes? Do you have any ideas on what directions I could take with the store or suggestions on what you would want to see/purchase?

Here's a new one I made for Erin over at Tiny Twist Creative. It's a cute ruffle play skirt for her daughter.

I would be remiss if I didn't add that today our little Bug is 7 months old. Cute pictures and some sappy Mama sentiments to follow. Probably tomorrow if I'm not too busy scrubbing the toilet, smoking a lamb leg, cleaning up the dining and living rooms, washing dishes, and finishing the laundry. (Can you tell who's coming home soon?!)

Also, I just ate an entire carton of strawberries- is that a mental disease?

4 comments:

Ke Xiao Mei said...

I totally think you should sell on Etsy. I have nothing profound or helpful to say about setting up shop - just that I think you should do it. The stuff you have posted is soo cute. Those ruffles with rickrack - fabulous.

Sae said...

Wow, that skirt is adorable. You already know what I think. ;)

erin said...

I can't wait to put that on Cami & I'll totally get a good picture of Noah modeling his Super Noah cape. Definitely, set ups shop if you love it. Also, perhaps you could look into some local craft fairs too.

michlez said...

Of course you should! If I had a child in need of playwear I would definitely get something from you. Also, I think it's just the season - I've been regularly eating pints of blueberries.