Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Non-floral centerpieces



These are the paper airplane centerpieces I made for a pilot's command party. Coming up with a cool idea was a little more difficult for me since the client did not want to have flowers in the arrangements.

T and I were up until 1AM the night before folding these planes, which all fly, by the way.

I can't really think of anything else to add; I mostly posted this pic for my mom. So there you go, Mom.

And since I haven't posted a picture of Sir Crustynose McFattithighs recently, here's a flashback:


Don't forget to check out my etsy shop; I just posted a new skirt style: Gabriella!

4 comments:

erin said...

Love the paper airplanes. What a clever idea!

Kim said...

Love these centerpieces. My hubs gets his wings in the AF at the end of July. Our class is looking to make something like these. Where did you find the bamboo sticks? ( I dont really know if thats what they are even called).

Lizbeth Brown said...

I'm not sure if there was bamboo in there, but it was a big bunch of dried grasses, cat tails, and other stuff that I got at Michaels and spray-painted gold. It came wrapped in plastic; I found it in the clearance aisle. Hope that helps! And congrats to you and your hubby!

Kim said...

Thank you!!! Thank you for the help :) Love your idea!