Saturday, July 24, 2010

Baby Books pt. 2

"When You Were a Baby" is the shortest of the three books that I ordered and definitely the closest to "cutesy" that I dared venture.
By far the most engaging book. I put Adam's picture in the cover and he loved it (then again, he loves looking at himself anytime). It's a board book so you baby/toddler/child might actually want to pick this one up, and you might actually want to let them.

The cartoon pictures are cute and the fill-in-the-blanks cover all the basics. I think the idea of inserting your baby's face into the page is a really clever idea, although that is the only space for baby pictures in this book. Personally I was hoping for a book that allowed me to add photos of Adam so I could see how he grew exponentially cute.
This is a really great baby book, to be sure, and I almost broke out the permanent marker until I got the last one in the mail.

What do you think about baby books?

1 comment:

A. R. Campbell said...

If I were to have myself a baby thing, which I probably won't (if I ever have kids, I want to adopt), I think I'd just go out and get a binder and some scrapbooking paper and some of those little clear binder insert things and make my own baby book. But I'm REALLY not in for the cutesy-what-everyone-else-does sort of thing. I'm not much of a scrapbooker, but the beauty of doing your own book is that you get to do it however you want and include whatever you want and make it look however you want (you get the idea).