Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sun Day


Seriously, another weekend coming to a close? Where does all this time go? As soon as Bug was born I think my thread was shortened. I need to talk to those Fates...

Today we are going by the Coronado Flower Show. They have a Home Front contest with all the cute bungalows down by Orange St. to see who can rev up their garden in preparation for Spring and the flower show. If somebody wanted to give me their house on Coronado that would be just fine with me! They're happy little homes with white picket fences and pretty porches perfect for milk and cookies or an evening glass of sweet tea (not that anybody understands that concept here).

Vendors will also be there and hopefully I can get my hands on a bunch of wholesale goodness. If all goes well I should leave with a bundle of happiness I can put in the bathroom. They make me feel like I'm living in a magazine house, an opulent hotel orrr... my house with flowers in the bathroom. Anyway you take it, it's an instant mood booster. Because what's better than flossing? Flossing while enjoying a fresh bouquet of iris and heather.
Then we're going to a bible study. It sounds nice, all young couples and singles like the one we went to in Norfolk (we were so spoiled with our group there!). They hire a lady to watch the kids during the bible study and- I feel like such a wimp!- I'm a little anxious about leaving Bug with her. It will be the first time I leave him with someone outside of the family. Though that doesn't sound like a very hard thing to do, for some reason I'm a little nervous about it. And then I get nervous about being nervous because if I'm nervous he will pick that up and what if I make him nervous?! I'll readily admit my need to be around him is probably greater than his need to be with me. After all, he's my baby.

Lizzie, the queen of calm, cool, and collected, is reduced to a typical first-time mom. It's ok- I can do this. By the end of the night it won't even be a big deal. Right?

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"
God in Evan Almighty

No comments: