Monday, December 14, 2009

First Trip to Labor and Delivery

No, I didn't go into labor (though I was secretly hoping to be induced while we were there). For the past few days I've had a pretty bad cough, which has put a lot of pressure on the little man. Sir finally dragged me into L & D last night around 9 after I spent half an hour crying in bed. Don't ask me why; I couldn't tell you.

Good news is that being pregnant moves you through the hospital system much faster. Last time we went into the ER we sat around for four hours before we were finally told it would be at least two more hours until we were seen. We left. But I digress.

Results: Bug is great, just a little irritated that I jostled him around for two days with my coughing before I went to get medicine. I'm 50% effaced. The best part was that we got to see him via ultrasound! Sir hadn't seen Bug since my appointment in June.

And yes, he is still a boy.

Full term at 37 weeks, here we come!

No comments: