Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just a little update.

Hey there little fellow or lass, you are getting so big. It's hard to believe you started out as two cells, and next month you will be almost half a foot long! Way to go.

I had my pants button pop open on me a couple days ago and have been banished to my "fat" wardrobe. Sigh.

People keep asking me about names. Let's just say I have my list and Tom approves of 3% of it. I still think Strawberry is an insanely cute name for a girl (Strawberry Brown, doesn't it just make you want to eat her up!?) and Bernard (nicknames: Beans or Butters. But with a name like Bernard Brown, would I be dooming him to a lifetime of chubbiness and mediocrity? For some reason this reminds of the Berenstain Bears...) is equally great for a boy. Of course, I wouldn't actually name my child those, but maybe secretly I get a sick pleasure out of thinking up unusual and kitschy titles for my offspring. Sue me.

Now it's time for my daily Wii Fit quota and then off to Bed, Bath, and Beyond in search of something that will make sleeping be more comfortable and less spine-wrenching.

7 comments:

Sae said...

I enjoy making up names and I don't have anything but a turtle to name. And her name is already Henrietta.

Hey, is Wii fit really as awesome as you made it sound? Doing yoga on that seems like it would be sweet.

Find anything to make bedtime comfy? :]

An Army Family said...

I highly recommend even just a regular el cheapo pillow (not too limp, not too fluffy) between your knees and sleeping in fetal position/on your side. Works wonders.

Lizzie Brown said...

remember how i sleep like a dead person? i can't fall asleep on my side. i bought this pillow called the snoogle or something. but anyway, it's fabulous and i love it.

An Army Family said...

Well ... you may want to practice. Once you're in your third trimester, you can't sleep on your back anymore, the weight in your belly can cut off one of the main ... either arteries or veins ... that supplies blood & oxygen to both you and baby. Aha, this is what it's called - inferior vena cava.

Lizzie Brown said...

this pillow makes it comfortable to sleep on my side. that's what i meant to say.

An Army Family said...

Oh ok. :) That's good. 'Cuz suffocating is bad. :)

erin w. said...

Yay, its so fun to see pictures and hear the heartbeat of what is incubating inside you! Can't wait to hear what it is!!