Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dress in the Works

This past week or so has been filled with projects in the making. A tattoo purse for my manager, starting a new dress, and trying to get state taxes sorted out. Doing three states isn't easy, especially when one is North Carolina. Turbo Tax here I come.

Back to the dress. I saw the fabric in the clearance bin at Fabric Hut, where they know me by "Mrs. Brown". Yes, friends, white pima cotton with navy polka dots for $4/yard. And not obnoxious polka dots, they're larger and scattered. It's called "Roman Holiday", but is definitely more Grace Kelly than Audrey Hepburn.

I'm not making the jacket since I already have a perfect dark wash jean bolero. The fabric is cut out; check back soon for production pics!

2 comments:

stella g. said...

i can't wait to see the dress! you have such a cute style about you.

Sae said...

Oooh that looks gorgeous. I like that neckline a lot.

Hahaha "Mrs. Brown." You are Mrs. Brown. That's awesome.