Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spencer's Day Out

In celebration of the balmy 75 degree weather, and getting off work at 2PM, I decided to take Spencer to the dog park behind the Norfolk PETA. I don't know if the park was as hardcore as I thought, or if it was just my dog park newbitude, but I think this place was pretty sweet. Spencer wasn't sure at first, and mostly just shmoozed with people.


This is her uncertain face. "I dunno...."

Then, like a good mother figure, knowing when to push their child against their wishes, I told her to get her butt in the water or else.

Then she was all about some butt-sniffing, grass-scratching, chase-the-other-dogs'-balls fun.


"Thanks, Liz!"

And that's what she told me, because my dog speaks to me, or at least, I speak to myself as my dog vicariously through her. I knew it was time to leave when things couldn't get any better than this: "That looks like Punky Brewster's dog!"

Cue theme music: "You may be lonely and then one day you're smiling again. Every time I turn around, I see the girl who turns my world around. Standing there..."

3 comments:

erin w. said...

funny! hey, do you have your dog living in Norfolk now?

stella g. said...

roxy LOVED that park. i wished i'd discovered it sooner. she promptly got a bath afterwards, too. :)

Sae said...

Awww Spencerrr! She looks so cute and happy. Do I get to see her next weekend, too?!