Thursday, December 4, 2008

A couple of Christmas crafts

Sparkly bud vases! Made with bottles, metallic tissue paper, and scrap wire ribbon. I don't feel the need to explain this one. It is what it looks like.


How to Make a florists' bow:

Depending on the size of the bow you want, you'll need different length ribbon. My roll was 30' and I got it at Michael's for $4. I made four loops for a bow about a foot in diameter and used about 2/3 of the roll. Lengths will change dependent upon how big you want your bow to be.

Pinch the ribbon 8" up from the end between your thumb and forefinger. 12" down the ribbon, bring it to your pinching point and twist while you pinch it so that the right side of the ribbon faces up. Repeat on the other side, twisting with each pinch, until you have the loopage you desire.

Sometimes I feel silly explaining these things, but then I remember how crucial it is to be able to create a perfect bow. Happy Christmas!

No comments: