Friday, October 10, 2008

"Earth laughs in flowers." Emerson & the beginning of Fuzzular Friday

You may have been wondering what I've been up to and why I haven't had any blog presence as of late. The reason is elementary, my dear Watson, I've been having my butt handed to me by the floral industry. Granted, after four days nobody is a professional at a trade but I could have sworn I was made for this job. What? You mean I actually have to try? How un-Liz-like, but I'll give it a whirl.

So far this week I've taken on basket and vase arrangements, the DOS style computer/cash register (which, apparently, is what "all florists" use- whatever), and today I went up against a corsage and boutonniere team, which licked me faster than the devil's midget henchmen KO'd Nacho. But I'm gaining ground and whacking my way through training- and yes, you do have to pronounce "whacking" with the H sound in there. It sounds bhetter.

I took pictures of some of my work on my cell phone, but I have no idea how to get them onto our computer. If you know how, please enlighten me.

I enjoy Molly exponentially more when she's snuggly and less "I'M MUNNA EAT CHU!" Because I am married with no children I am expected to obsess over animals under my care. I have decided to acquiesce to this "social more". Henceforth every Friday will be Fuzzular Friday; in which I will post a heartwarming/hilarious photo of our favorite feline, Molly Brown. The winning caption wins! Woo... motivation!

3 comments:

Sae said...

"See Mummy, this is my little invisible friend, Gnomekins"

stella g. said...

so i'm not rally good at captions. i've never been that creative. but i will tell you that in this picture your cat looks positively deformed. :) great camera angle.

and i would be honored to share a link w/ you!

last night i partook of a few too many Horndby ciders. they aren't as good as woodchucks, but hit the spot. i'm thinking they might be a good alternative in your spice cookies.... :)

Sae said...

"Wassssah" - Spencer Grinnell