Friday, September 19, 2008

Tomorrow I'm going to a friend's daughter's birthday party. I found out the little girl had gotten a play kitchen from her parents so I made her the cutest little apron to play in! Having the right outfit is important for any occassion, especially if you're a girl.

It turned out a lot better than I expected. This was the first time I'd made a piece of clothing for a child. This was also the first time I've used my new sewing machine!


The pattern called for two 1-1 1/2" buttons, but when I saw these little hearts I. saw. God. Regular buttons or sparkly hearts? Please.
And thanks to Sae for the tissue paper box idea. She gave me a handmade necklace in one for my last birthday and I've stored all sorts of secret, special trinkets in it since. All it needs is a frilly ribbon!

2 comments:

stella g. said...

man! you stole my idea. did you already know you were going to make it, or were we both thinking the same exact thing the other night at OCF? yours looks way better than mine would have anyways. and, of course, the sparkly buttons are to die for!

Megan said...

Did you mean to make your apron say "Mom" when you laid it out like that?