Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Starchy Corn-based, Salmon-flavored Filler

I know I said I'd be doing a post on reupholstering our dining room chair, but I haven't had time. Mostly because I have too much time; I put off going to Hancock's all day and then T is home and I don't want to go anywhere that he won't go with me to (three months of marriage has taught me that when it comes to your husband, and your husband happens to be owned by a government organization, it's ok to be needy). The new fabric goodness is coming soon, I swear! I'll go tomorrow. Maybe.

Interesting things that have happened in my life recently:
  • Molly is recently discovered to have allergies to corn fillers in most cat foods. Her poopsies are less odiferous and her box much more delightful come scooping time. She is now on a kosher-like meal plan. I will diet vicariously through my kitty!
  • I was offered a job as a portrait photographer at a department store, but I'm not 100% on it because I won't be able to be home when Tom is. For the short whiles that he's home this fall and winter (due to work-ups to deployment) I'd like to actually be able to be home with him. When I told the manager this she kind of laughed and said "You haven't been a military wife very long have you?" Which was kind of snarky; wasn't it? I mean, I don't think, for a part-time position, that asking to have Sundays and evenings off is such a big deal. Am I being a complete shmo?!

Anyway, this was all really just a cream filling to keep you partially satiated until I hang up some more painting or the paper dolls Sae made me, or move the furniture around in our bedroom like I've been wanting, or finally do something with the useless wedding presents we received without receipts. Who needs a slicer? Knives are too much fun! 

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more the star systems will slip through your fingers."

2 comments:

Megan said...

i think you should punch the photography woman in the face. if you don't, i'll come do it for you.

An Army Family said...

Ooooh Cobalt has a wheat allergy - she gets nasty skin infections and even nastier, non-solid ... um, yeah. It was a night and day difference when we changed her food. Luckily the "natural" food movement from human food seems to be spreading to pet food so they now carry an affordable food at Wal-Mart, as opposed to ordering her a prescription food or a $40 bag from PetSmart.

On the job issue (read the whole thing!) - in my honest opinion, you can't revolve your life around deployments and training because they can happen so often and the dates can often change so that the original plans you made don't work out to begin with. BUT!!!! I think for a newlywed couple, that this is a smart move. Make that kind of choice when you've got a few years under your belt, or when you're in the middle of a career in a competitive field, not when you're still getting used to each other and still in the fun honeymoon phase! So, I say you're both right, just each under different circumstances. :)

P.S. I still want to see pictures of your house! I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :)

P.S.S. Did I ever mention that if you guys ever drive down to FL that you're welcome to pitstop here if you want to break up the drive?